Happy One Year Anniversary!!!
It’s amazing how quickly time flies by, especially when the hand of God is at work – today the Paradigm Foundation celebrates its one year anniversary and it all started with the home we visited above! You can never be too sure how a seemingly uneventful moment can change your whole life. This home was that for us – its where God stirred in our hearts to do more and set a off a chain of events that only He could do. We have been in awe of this calling and humbled for the opportunity to serve families living in extreme poverty these last twelve months. It has been a time of hard work but amazing to see the Lord working, first hand.
What has He done you ask, and how can we be sure? They say blessings are in the details, and boy, have we had some supernatural blessings:
- We knew God was wanting us to start a home construction ministry and through our church we met Kent Husted, Executive Director of Empowering Action. When we first spoke he mentioned they had been praying for a construction partner.
- We knew the name we wanted but the website belonged to a non profit in Utah which wasn’t being used. We called them to see if they would be willing to sell it to us and the man who answered mentioned they were having a board meeting that night and the website was one of the items they planned to discuss. The next day they gave it to us – for free!
- We submitted our IRS application to be an official 501c3 organization in June 2014. We were told it would take 2-3 years but got our approval letter August 22, 2014!
- Funding for the first home came in quickly and we took our first team to the DR for a build in November.
- Amanda’s story. (see related blog post here.)
- We’ve received donations for tools including a generator and concrete mixer.
- Meeting our build goal for 2015 to build 6 homes (we were planning to only fundraise for 4 but then the Lord convicted us that wasn’t enough), in under 6 months!
- The second home build took place a few weeks ago and we are headed back in November!
We would be remiss to not thank our Board of Directors, Empowering Action, donors, trip participants and those who have lifted Paradigm Foundation up in prayer. You all are precious to us and we are grateful for your support and partnership! Please continue to pray for our ministry as we aim to serve where God calls us and that we remain bold in building His kingdom and move forward unashamed and in love. We are excited for the year to come and hope many more of you will come alongside us to see for yourself, how God is setting the Dominican Republic on fire for His glory!
“Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” Ephesians 3:20